The goal of the Trail Guide Program is to build relationships between congregations and Cross Trails Ministry through the following:
- Raise awareness and communicate to their home congregation the unique opportunities that Cross Trails provides.
- Seek support for Cross Trails Ministry through prayer, invitation, giving, volunteering, and partnerships.
- Be passionately excited about sharing how Cross Trails transforms the lives of others.
What does a Cross Trails Ministry Trail Guide do?
- Increase the awareness of all that Cross Trails Ministry has to offer.
- Actively pray and raise prayer support through your congregation.
- Attend at least one event annually as possible.
- Give a personally meaningful financial gift or donation.
- Promote all events and ministry experiences to age appropriate groups in the congregation.
- Ensure that monthly articles are passed to the appropriate person to be included in the church newsletter.
- Serve as a liaison to the church benevolence team, council, and other appropriate leaders to ensure that Cross Trails Ministry is supported through the church’s giving.
- Encourage an annual “Cross Trails Awareness Sunday” that includes ministry promotion and a special offering.
Will Cross Trails train me? Yes! We train and equip our Trail Guides at one of three half-day workshops throughout the synod beginning January 2012. All promotional materials will be provided. We will cross-train both Trail Guides in each area so a working partnership is formed.
Click here for the Trail Guide Information Page
Click here for the Trail Guide Application Form
Contact Jessica Pina, Outreach Director at Jessica@CrossTrails.org to become a Trail Guide for your congregation, or for more information.