Based on state recommendations, we are staggering arrival times. Plan to come during the time your camper’s program is listed below. If you are bringing campers in more than one program, you may arrive at the earliest time listed for your campers’ programs.
3:00 pm-3:30 pm: Wranglers, Confirmation, Adventurers, All Beach Camp Programs
3:30 pm-4:00 pm: Vaqueros, Yearlings
4:00 pm-4:30 pm: LYLEs, Extreme Adventurers
4:30 pm-5:00 pm: Trail Bosses, Young’ns, Explorers
Because our staff have other responsibilities, we cannot accept early arrivals. Older youth campers may not drive themselves to camp. They must be brought to camp by a responsible adult. Pets are not allowed on arrival or departure days.
Prior to Leaving Home
Please note that the state of Texas recommends that parents, and adults driving youth who are not staying at camp, do not leave the vehicle when dropping of their campers.
- Complete a final self screening prior to leaving home. This includes checking for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, as you have been recording on the Health Update & Monitoring Form.
- Review the Preparing for Camp section of our webpage.
- Pack luggage efficiently. Campers should have access to all luggage so adults will not have to leave the vehicle. Paperwork, money, mask, and medication should be kept with the camper and not in luggage.
- Please limit the amount of people coming with you to drop off your camper. We recommend one parent/guardian per car, unless you are arriving with a group.
- If possible, put money in your camper’s store account online before arrival. You can do this by logging in to your camp registration account.
- If you are dropping off money for the camp store, photos or the summer offering, put any cash or checks in an envelope or Ziploc bag with the camper’s name on it.
- If your child has medication, leave your camper’s medication in original containers and put it in a Ziploc bag labeled with your camper’s name.
- For campers’ luggage:
- All luggage will be disinfected upon arrival. We recommend hard shelled luggage if you have it, but no need to buy it if you don’t.
- All luggage and camper belongings should be in the trunk or backseat so that staff can unload it easily at registration.
- All luggage and camper belongings should be labeled with your camper’s name.
What to Expect At Arrival
- To protect everyone, we ask that the driver wears a mask or face covering while you check in with staff.
- Upon arrival to camp, staff members will direct you to where to go to check in.
- Unless you are an adult leader staying for the week, plan to stay in the car while your camper is dropped off. If needed, a separate bathroom facility will be available for parents/guardians and drivers dropping off campers.
- Once parked campers and parents will be greeted by a staff member who will tell campers about their cabin leader and their cabin assignment. Staff members will confirm any dietary information as well as any registration information including fees that have yet to be paid.
- Staff members will collect camp store money, photo money, and summer offering money if it has not already been deposited. If it has been deposited online already, campers and parents can allocate the money and tell the staff member how they would like any leftover store money to be returned to them.
- Health care staff will then collect the Health Update & Monitoring Form from campers and ask any follow up questions needed.
- Campers who do not have a Health Update & Monitoring Form will not be allowed to check in further and will be asked to depart.
- Those who have a partial form or a questionable form will be asked to participate in a detailed screening and voluntarily receive a COVID-19 rapid test on site administered by Cross Trails Ministry Staff. This rapid test takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- If campers have a positive test result, they will be asked to depart.
- If campers decline to be tested, they will be asked to depart.
- If campers have a negative test result and health care staff determine that they are safe to be in the camp community, campers will proceed to the next step of the check in process.
- Temperature checks will happen while campers are still in the vehicle.
- If the camper’s temperature is below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, campers will exit the car and proceed to the Health Screening Station.
- If the camper’s temperature is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, campers can voluntarily receive a COVID-19 rapid test.
- At the Health Screening Station, campers will complete a check for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
- Campers showing any signs or symptoms of communicable diseases will be treated, asked to see a health care provider, or can voluntarily receive a COVID-19 rapid test depending on symptoms.
- Campers who pass their health screening will proceed to their living space. Staff will help them unload their belongings, disinfect luggage, and move into their living space.
- Parents are asked to say goodbyes at their vehicles.
- Campers will meet their leaders in the building that they move into. Parents who need to speak to their camper’s leader will be asked to stay in their vehicle and the staff member will come to meet them.
To ensure your child’s safety, our policy requires that all youth campers be signed out by a person designated during the registration process. If you need to change the person you designated, email email@example.com from the email we have listed for your family.
Plan to come during the time your camper’s program is listed below. If you are bringing campers in more than one program, you may arrive at the earliest time listed for your campers’ programs. At either site, please arrive to pick up your camper no later than 3:00 pm. Pets are not allowed on arrival or departure days.
2:30 pm-3:00 pm: All Ebert Ranch Programs, All Beach Camp Programs, Young’ns, Explorers, Yearlings
3:00 pm-3:30 pm: Confirmation, Adventurers, Extreme Adventurers, LYLEs
For Young’ns A, Family Camp, Grandparent Camp, and Women’s Big R, camp ends at 11:30 am on the last day of your camp session. Please plan to pick up your camper no later than noon on the last day of their camp session.
What to Expect at Departure
- Please limit the amount of people coming with you to pick up your camper. We recommend one parent/guardian per car.
- Bring a mask or face covering to wear while you check in with staff.
- Upon arrival at camp, staff members will direct you to where to go to check in.
- Plan to stay in the car while your camper is picked up. If needed, a separate bathroom facility will be available for parents/guardians picking up campers.
- Bring a picture ID.
If a camper must leave camp early, arrangements must be made with the Camp Director, and the camper must be signed out. Prior to your camper’s first day of camp, an email may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org from your family email detailing the camper’s full name, when the camper is departing, and who is picking them up. This summer, campers will not be able to return to camp if they leave early. Please call to confirm early departures on the checkout date and check in to the office upon your arrival at camp.
Directions to Ebert Ranch Camp for Ebert, Ebert LYLE I and LYLE II Campers.
Directions to Camp Chrysalis for Chrysalis, Chrysalis LYLE I, and LYLE III Campers.
Directions to Beach Camp for Beach and Beach LYLE I Campers.