The following information is from Summer 2023. We will post information for Summer 2024 in May!
Plan to come during the time your camper’s program is listed below. If you are bringing campers in more than one program, you may arrive at the earliest time listed for your campers’ programs. All campers and adults should arrive no later than 5 pm.
3:00 pm-3:30 pm: Wranglers, Vaqueros, Confirmation, WDTM?! Confirmation, Adventurers, Beach Camp
3:30 pm-4:00 pm: Extreme Vaqueros, Trail Bosses, LYLEs, Yearlings
4:00 pm-5:00 pm: Extreme Adventurers, Young’ns, Explorers
Family Camp, Grandparent Camp and Women’s Big R may arrive between 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm on your arrival day.
Because our staff have other responsibilities, we cannot accept early arrivals prior to 3 pm. Older youth campers may not drive themselves to camp. They must be brought to camp by a responsible adult. Pets are not allowed on arrival or departure days.
Prior to Leaving Home
- Check your camper for any new health issues. If your camper is sick, do not bring the camper to camp. Contact our office for next steps.
- Review the What to Bring and What Not to Bring List section.
- If your child has medication or vitamins, send it in the original container in a Ziploc bag labeled with your camper’s name. Keep this with your child, not in their luggage, so they can turn it in easily upon arrival.
- For Camp Chrysalis and Ebert Ranch campers: If possible, please put money in your camper’s store account online before arrival. You can do this by logging in to your camp registration account. This money can then be allocated upon arrival for the camp store, a printed group photo, or the summer offering. See the Money and Camp section for more details.
- If you are dropping off money for the camp store, photos or the summer offering, put any cash or checks in an envelope or Ziploc bag with the camper’s name on it. Keep it with the camper, not their luggage, so they can easily turn it in upon arrival.
- For Beach Camp campers: Campers will be responsible for their own money. They should plan to keep it in a secure location within their things when not shopping. Any money that they bring will be used for souvenirs or snacks while out and about during the Beach Camp week.
- All luggage and camper belongings should be labeled with your camper’s name.
What to Expect At Arrival
- Upon arrival to camp, staff members will direct you to where to go to check in.
- Campers and parents will be greeted by a staff member who will tell campers about their cabin leader and their cabin assignment. Staff members will confirm any dietary information as well as any registration information including fees that have yet to be paid.
- Staff members will ask how money in the camper’s camp store account should be allocated. It can be used for the camp store, a printed group photo, or the summer offering. If there is no money in the camp store account, staff members can collect it upon arrival.
- Staff members will also ask parents and campers how they would like any leftover store money to be returned to them. Options are: returned in cash, returned to the card on file, or donated to the summer offering. If the amount to be refunded is under $5, we will not be able to credit your card, but will return funds in cash.
- We will continue offering an express check-in line if adult choose to stay in their vehicles during drop-off. If you prefer to accompany your camper through the check-in process, you will be directed to a parking spot.
- At the Health Screening Station, campers will complete a check for signs and symptoms of any communicable disease as recommended by the American Camp Association.
- Campers who pass their health screening will proceed to their living space.
To ensure your child’s safety, our policy requires that all youth campers be signed out by a person designated during the registration process. If you need to change the person you designated, email email@example.com from the email we have listed for your family. Any adult picking up a camper may be asked to show a photo id. Please be sure that anyone picking up your camper brings one.
Parents and families are welcome to join us for closing worship. After worship, you can sign out your camper and pick up their belongings outside of their living space and depart. If you choose not to attend worship, please arrive at the express check-out time listed below for your camper’s site.
2:00 pm: Closing Worship at all sites
2:30 pm: Express Check-out at Ebert Ranch and Beach Camp
3:00 pm: Express Check-out at Camp Chrysalis
For Young’ns A, Family Camp, Grandparent Camp, and Women’s Big R, camp ends at 11:30 am on the last day of your camp session. For Young’ns A, Closing Worship starts at 11 am. Please plan to pick up your camper no later than noon.
If a camper must leave camp early, arrangements must be made with the Camp Director, and the camper must be signed out at the office. Prior to your camper’s first day of camp, an email may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org from your family email detailing the camper’s full name, when the camper is departing, and who is picking the camper up. Please call to confirm early departures on the checkout date and check in to the office upon your arrival at camp.
Directions to Ebert Ranch Camp for Ebert, Ebert LYLE I, all LYLE II, and all LYLE III Campers.
Directions to Camp Chrysalis for Chrysalis and Chrysalis LYLE I Campers.
Directions to Beach Camp at First Presbyterian Church in Corpus Christi for Beach Campers.